Thursday, January 29, 2015

Chicken Salad with Green Grapes and Walnuts from the Parish House Inn

heart-red-disjointed.jpgheart-red-disjointed.jpgheart-red-disjointed.jpgheart-red-disjointed.jpg

This is about love...of my brother and this chicken salad recipe ...it felt appropriate to share as we celebrate Valentine's Day with those we love.

This is a recipe from my brother Jim...he is a great cook and enjoys sharing his recipes with me.  On aobnvisit to Ypsilanti he made this chicken salad for me and I have enjoyed it ever since.  There are a lot of ingredients and each one is important, so don't leave them out.  I sometimes substitute dried cherries and toasted pecans and  the grapes and walnuts with equally delicious results.  

My Brother Jim's Famous Chicken Salad

1 ½ pounds chicken breast, shredded, not cubed
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
2 green onions, finely chopped
1/1/2 stalks celery finely chopped
1 small tart apple, peeled, cored finely chopped
½ cup walnuts, chopped
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
½ pound green grapes, sliced lengthwise
½ teaspoon white pepper
½ teaspoon sea salt
add mayonnaise to create a smooth texture


In a large bowl mix all ingredients together and adjust seasonings to taste. Serve on a bed of lettuce, garnish with additional chopped walnuts and green grapes.

No comments:

Post a Comment