MICHIGAN BAKED OATMEAL
Yield: 6-8 servings
2 cups old fashioned oats
4 cups milk
1/2 teaspoon almond flavoring
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sliced or slivered almonds
1/2 cup dried cherries
1 large apple, cored, unpeeled and shredded
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Coat a 3 quart casserole or 8X8 inch baking pan with cooking spry.
3. in a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients.
4. Transfer to the baking dish. Sprinkle additional almonds on the top if desired.
5. Bake uncovered for 30-45 minutes. It will be bubbly in the center when done. Let sit for a few minutes before serving. As it cools, any excess liquid will be absorbed. You may want to add a little liquid when reheating.
Parish House Inn